This is a recipe I have tried and tried again and perfected and now it is one of my favorite quick dinner meals nowadays. This works well with canned Sardines, you know the kind you get in supermarkets; Marina and King Cup and what have you. But I used Mackerel this time around because apparently sardines have mercury in it.
|Spicy Tomato Mackerel Spaghetti|
Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 large can Mackerel (4 – 5 large pieces)
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 Basil leaves
- 3 -4 table spoons Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 small chilli padi
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- Spaghetti as required
- Drain the tomato sauce from the mackerel fish, chop tomatoes, chili padi, onions and garlic
- Boil pasta as directed on packaging and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in large frying pan, toss in the onions and fry until translucent, then add garlic. Fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Toss tomatoes and chili into the pan, and stir it around a bit then add the mackerel gravy.
- Add the mackerel fish, stir it around a bit and let it simmer. Smash up 1 piece of fish and mix it into the sauce, this adds a lot of flavor.
- Toss in Basil , and pepper and salt to taste.
- Once it starts to bubble, take off fire and add pasta. Stir and serve.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe