This is possibly the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, Ever!
The Recipe originates from a pretty popular chocolate chip cookie recipe but i’ve managed to make it my own by tweaking it to perfection.
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 1/4 cups Self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (225g) salted butter
- 2/4 cup granulated [white] sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips ( at least 60% cocoa)
- Heat over at 190C.Mix together flour and baking soda in small bowl.
- Melt butter slowly using a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Give it a mix through and add into the sugars.
- Beat well till all combined.Add in vanilla and eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Take off electric mixer and fold in 1/4 of flour using wooden spoon. Once combined well, add remaining flour and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 min.
- When the cookie is baked it will be a bit soft, let it stand on the pan for a min then move it to a cooling rack.
Once cooled it will firm up and become crunchy.